Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 30, 2010

I'm typing this as my cat curls around the keyboard, so if there are mistakes, they're of course all his. I am groggy from the night's dead sleep, which might have been assisted by red wine and a Monte Carlo coffee and the cat on my pillow. So I apologize in advance to my hundreds of followers for the lame entry today. Yesterday was one round of fun after another. I spent the day with a new friend. We're volunteering for an organization that shall remain nameless, but let's just say there more laughs than work. We especially enjoyed an old letter from someone whose complaint was that continued incarceration was interfering with a burgeoning career. Unfortunately we found nothing of value that we might have put on eBay to rescue the organization from financial ruin. Or hightail it to Georgetown. Later Vince and I went to our favourite restaurant, Fanzorelli's, for some delicious food and memories. We laughed about all the antics in Mexico, but mostly over Scott's adventurous ride home. I confessed to him that at first I thought he'd made it all up. They reminded me that I had promised to do a list of sayings from the trip. Maybe tomorrow. I might pick the cat up off the keyboard and just go back to bed. A retired person can do that.

No comments: