Monday, February 11, 2013

On Being Nominated for a Leibster Award

My friend Alison Bruce (author of Deadly Legacy and Under a Texas Star - www.alisonbruce.ca) nominated me for a Leibster Award! What the heck's that, you say? Check it out on Ali's blog: Have Laptop, Will Travel - http://alisonebruce.blogspot.ca.

Basically, she gave me some work to do. And because I was sitting here staring at a blank page, I thought - why not? Besides, I LOVE Ali's questions. She's very funny and very smart, so I figured I'd have some fun. AND I DID!

(The other part where I find 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions - well, I might forget to do that.)
  1. What beverage is absolutely essential for you to have by your side when writing? RED WINE
  2. How important is romance to your storylines? VERY! I ALWAYS HAVE A LOVE ANGLE AND A SEX SCENE OR TWO
  3. Research first, during or after the first draft? HMMM - ALL OF THE ABOVE. DEPENDS ON WHAT IT IS. IF I FIND THE RESEARCH INTERESTING, I DO IT BEFORE OR AFTER: NOT INTERESTING, RELUCTANTLY TACKLE IT AFTERWARD.
  4. How much do you edit as you go along? A LOT.
  5. Mystery or thriller? What do you prefer reading and what do you prefer writing? MYSTERY - BOTH READING AND WRITING
  6. Adventure or romance? ROMANCE
  7. Do you primarily read the genre you write? YES
  8. If you had to pitch one of your stories to a TV producer for a series, which one would you pick?  THE NEWEST ONE, SWEET KAROLINE
  9. If it got picked up, who would you cast in the leads? MEREDITH HENDERSON
  10. Would you want to be on set for filming? DEFINITELY!
  11. You've been nominated for an award for your new series. Who would you thank when you won?  MY HUSBAND, DAUGHTER AND SON, AND MY MOTHER

No comments: